Monday, July 30, 2007

Comic Con 2007

I returned from another fun year at the Comic Con in San Diego, CA and I thought I'd share some pics.....
Img_1696
Yeah...I'm at the right place.....
Img_1699
You gotta hand it to people who will dress up and sacrifice their ability to breathe and move in order to sell their product. I know I could never do it.
Img_1687
I walked on the convention floor and I saw some toys and I thought..."Hey, I know this guys work!"
Tiede
Turns out it was my old buddy Cameron Tiede
Img_1721
I also ran into my old buddy and world famous artist (who needs no introduction) Jeff Soto
Img_1706
Then I accidentally ran into a signing for "The Spiderwick Chronicles" movie and caught up with children's book buddy Tony Diterlizzi (who needs no introduction)
Img_1708
as well as his partner in crime, the lovely and uber talented Holly Black (who needs no introduction)
Img_1709
Tony D was with his buddy Scott Fischer whose work I always admired and we finally met. Who knew we were familiar with each others work?
Img_1700
A comic con isn't complete without some Klingons....
Img_1702
Or Harvey Birdman- Attorney at Law....


Then it was off to the parties. First up was the Gotham Group luncheon which Tony, Holly, and I are all represented by....
Img_1710
Hey look, we caught up with fellow chidren's book guru Gris Grimley (who needs no introduction)
Img_1713
And NAPOLEON DYNAMITE?!?!?!? I actually made the mistake of speaking with him and realizing that it wasn't actually Jon Heder but his identical twin brother Dan Heder.... Tony and Scott had a god laugh and I took a pic with him so I didn't look like a COMPLETE and total ass. Sorry Dan.
Img_1716
I'm not sure if anyone watches Clark and Michael but if you're a fan of Arrested Development you should check out the web show. Anyway, I met Clark Duke and he was cool. Way to go Clark!


Then there was the Disney party which was really swanky and there I met then man, the myth, the legend....
Img_1727
STAN LEE! (who needs no introduction) See that? He's got his arm around my shoulder. We're BUDDIES!!!!

I didn't buy too much this year and I unfortunately got to see only 40% of the convention floor (it was soooo crowded) I ended up picking up the Fleet Street Scandal book. (Kevin Dart and Chris Turnham are so talented) a Totoro doll for my son, and a couple postcards, sketchbooks and prints.

I also got this CW bag roughly the size of a poker table... Harry Potter Book used for scale
Img_1728
The only thing in my mind was that it woud be IDEAL for stashing old baby clothes in the basement.

I may be a nerd but I know my priorities.

Well, I was fully inspired by all the awesome talent and I'm ready to go back to work. It was exactly what I needed.

Out.

2 comments:

anak habbats said...

Thanks Bermanfaat Artikelnya, Insya Allah Sukses Selalu. Silahkan Klik Tautan Dibawah Ini :
Toko Online HerbalKing Obat HerbalGudang Obat HerbalJual Obat HerbalJual HerbalJual Produk HerbalJual Herbal MurahHerbal BandungProduk HerbalHerbal HabbatsAozora Shop Onlinetoko onlineJual Baju AnakJual Baju BayiJual Baju DewasaJual Sepatu BayiJual Sepatu anak AnakJual Sepatu DewasaJual Perlengkapan BayiJual Perlengkapan Anak AnakJual Perlengkapan DewasaTupperwareTupperware MurahTupperware UpdateTupperware Bandung juaraJual TupperwareKatalog TupperwareJual Online TupperwareTupperware ResepTupperware katalog baruRaja Tupperware BandungCollection TupperwareMadu Anak SuperMadu Anak CerdasJual Madu Anak SuperPusat Jual Madu Anak SuperJual Madu SuperMadu Anak SuperJual Madu AnakToko Madu AnakAgen Madu Anak SuperDistributor Madu Anak Super

Anita Tri Ulina said...

woow keren bangets. allah swt akan selalu mempermudah hambanya. Insya Allah Sukses Selalu. Silahkan Klik Tautan Dibawah Ini :
Toko Online HerbalKing Obat HerbalGudang Obat HerbalJual Obat HerbalJual HerbalJual Produk HerbalJual Herbal MurahHerbal BandungProduk HerbalHerbal HabbatsAozora Shop Onlinetoko onlineJual Baju AnakJual Baju BayiJual Baju DewasaJual Sepatu BayiJual Sepatu anak AnakJual Sepatu DewasaJual Perlengkapan BayiJual Perlengkapan Anak AnakJual Perlengkapan DewasaTupperwareTupperware MurahTupperware UpdateTupperware Bandung juaraJual TupperwareKatalog TupperwareJual Online TupperwareTupperware ResepTupperware katalog baruRaja Tupperware BandungCollection TupperwarePenyakitObatbusinesKesehatanHot NewsDownload E-bookKhasiat dan ManfaatHidup SehatDokter HerbalPenyakit